If you want to change your life for the better, do something today that will impact your life tomorrow.
Five things that are guaranteed to give you an entirely new outlook on life are:
- Take skydiving lessons. Individuals that have met the challenge of skydiving report a feeling of euphoria, followed by a renewed sense of self and appreciation of life. Visit skydiving professionals and inquire about skydiving classes and tandem-jumps.
- Become a minimalist. When you get rid of clutter, you will feel lighter and more organized. This also gets rid of visual distractions around the home that could be impacting your downtime, productivity, and even relationships.
- Adopt a pet. Even if you don't think that you are a pet person, there is something overwhelmingly satisfying about giving a home to an animal in need. The sense of companionship is unsurpassed and very rewarding.
- Get out of bed an hour earlier. Taking an hour in the morning- before everyone wakes up- can be the best time of your day. Use this time to sit quietly, read, enjoy the sunrise, or meditate; it will make you feel refreshed and relaxed by the time the work-day begins.
- Make time to listen to music. Music is more than gratifying and enjoyable, it can improve mental health and clarity. There are even some studies that show how it improves the memory and mood of individuals suffering from dementia.
- Start a journal. Some call them gratitude journals, but jotting down your thoughts and feelings can be very cathartic even when you are not feeling so-grateful, too. It also provides an interesting read later and allows you some reflection and self-awareness.
- Visit one new place each year. Traveling to new places can be a life-changing experience, and it can also make you grateful for what you have here at home. Make a plan to go somewhere new every year- whether near or far.
- Take a 20-minute walk every day. It is reported that 20-minutes of brisk exercise, such as walking, can release endorphins in the brain that have an anti-depressant effect. This simple activity can make you feel better and even be nicer every day.
- Let go of an old grudge. Holding on to an old grudge or resentment doesn't hurt anyone but you. Think about the situation, try to empathize with the action or reaction of the person you are angry with. Forgive them, let-go, and move on; it is very liberating!
- Pay attention to your journey. Mindfulness focuses on the journey instead of the destination, putting the attention on simple pleasures and experiences of everyday life. Many experts say that learning to live mindfully is the first step toward a more satisfying and fulfilling life.
Use these tips to do something today that can change your life for the better. Whether you decide to take skydiving lessons or to forgive a friend for a past discretion or disagreement, these simple strategies can impact your overall well-being and sense of satisfaction with your life.